Earlier today, I was answering an email from a student who was asking about studying eight hours a day. I get asked "how many hours should I study" quite a bit when it comes to the CCNA and CCNP, so I thought I'd post part of my answer here:

As for working eight hours straight, frankly, I'd tell you not to do it. The mental "wall" for most people is 5 - 6 hours. That's why I always get a kick out of boot camps that tell you you're going to work 16 hours a day - that's just not going to be effective study. You'll get more out of five hours of solid, alert study than eight hours of "tired" study.

It's not the number of study hours, it's the quality.


There's no magic number of hours you have to put in to earn your CCNA, CCNP, Network+, Security+, CCIE, or any other certification. I can tell you from experience that what you've got to do is put in quality hours.
  • No TV
  • No IMs
  • No cell phone going off
  • No nothin' ... except studying! :)

Now turn that phone off and get to studying! :)

Chris "Yes, I Know I Sound Like Your Dad" Bryant

CCIE #12933

www.thebryantadvantage.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog