The Secrets To Cisco Exam Success: "Break It Down"

Having taken even Cisco routing and switching lab from the CCNA to the CCIE lab, I know well the feeling that you get when you take your first look at larger topics such as OSPF, BGP, and the dreaded (and inevitable!) IP version 6.

You might think you're the only person having that the initial feeling of "How am I ever gonna learn this?", but believe me, you're not! The first time I looked at OSPF, I had that exact feeling. You learn static routing, then RIP v1 and V2, then.. WHAM! You've got LSAs and LSUs and virtual links and neighbor IDs...

I'm here to tell you that this anxious feeling is normal, and it can be overcome by learning one fundamental at a time - and before long, you've mastered whatever protocol was giving you an anxiety attack!

You know that a router breaks data down into bits before transmitting? That's just what you've got to do with any Cisco exam topic (or any other vendor, for that matter). You've just got to break an exam topic down to its smallest part - the fundamentals - and then the larger topics will all fall into place.

Trust me - I've been there! :)

To your success,

Chris Bryant
CCIE #12933
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog