How To Succeed In Your CCNA, CCNP, or Any Other Certification Studies!

That's quite a title! Let's see if I can live up to it! :)

Recently, one of my students passed his CCNA exam (with a 1000, I might add!) and went straight into BSCI studies. Great move, but he had a question right off the bat that he posted in my private Cisco certification forum....

Hi Chris,

After passing CCNA, I went thru some Cisco books for my next exam which is BSCI. I felt like I am lost. Then I decided to go for your package. Now I am relieved. But tell me one thing. What was your style of preparing for the exams ??

For CCNA, I went thru your guide and made a note of key points in my note book. You can call it a compressed notebook which saved a lot of my time while revising.

Vaseem A.

Great question, Vaseem! Here's my answer...

Hi Vaseem!

Join the club, the BSCI intimidates everyone at first. There's a tremendous amount of information to absorb for this one.

I'll tell you the real key to my studies, and it worked for me all the way from the CCNA to the CCIE - you simply take one topic at a time and master it before moving on to the next.

Too often I see certification candidates who really skim over the material they're studying without really mastering the fundamentals.

This is particularly important for BGP - you've got to master one small feature or behavior at a time. If you take BGP as a whole, it'll make your head spin. Or explode. :)

"By the yard, it's hard. By the inch, it's a cinch." A cliche? Sure. An effective way of studying? You bet!

I don't care what you're studying - whether it's Cisco, Microsoft, baking, cooking, cobbling - it doesn't matter. By mastering the fundamentals and not racing through the material, you practically guarantee victory. And the only person who can guarantee that victory is you!

To your success,

Chris Bryant
CCIE #12933
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog