Free Cisco and CompTIA certification training videos, practice exam questions, fully-illustrated tutorials, and more!
Visit us on the web at http://www.thebryantadvantage.com today - over 400 Cisco certification tutorials, practice exams, and fully-illustrated articles are waiting there for you!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Test your knowledge and sharpen your skills with these new CCNP practice exams!
Here's the latest CCNP ROUTE practice exam - CCNP SWITCH and CCNP TSHOOT practice exams are elsewhere in today's blog post! (Click those links to visit the main tutorial pages for those exams!)
1. Which of the following routing protocols have non-infinity default seed metrics when routes are redistributed into their domains?
C. RIP Version 1
D. RIP Version 2
2. Identify the default seed metrics of the correct answer(s) from the previous question.
3. You're redistributing RIP routes into OSPF. You've entered the redistribute rip command in the OSPF configuration. You have not configured a seed metric. What will be the result?
A. No RIP routes will be redistributed into OSPF
B. All RIP routes will be known by the OSPF domain
C. Only classful RIP networks will be redistributed into OSPF
D. Only classless RIP routes will be known by the OSPF domain
4. By default, what OSPF routing table code would you expect to see next to routes that were learned by OSPF via redistribution?
A. O EX
C. O E1
D. O E2
E. O N1
F. O N2
5. Identify the EIGRP reliable packet types.
Answers right after this important message .. not to mention a link to my free CCNP ROUTE Video Boot Camp on OSPF and route redistribution!
The first hour of the course is free -- just click either of the first two lectures to start watching right now!
Now let's get to those answers!
CCNP SWITCH Practice Exam Answers:
1. (E). The supplicant is the dot1x-enabled PC.
2. (B). The only other ports a port in an isolated private VLAN can communicate with are the promiscuous ports in the parent primary VLAN.
3. (A). To configure private VLANs, VTP must first be set to transparent mode.
4. (A, D). With DHCP Snooping, you're dealing with trusted and untrusted ports, and a trusted port will let a DHCP message through with no further checks - there are no passwords in use here. (By default, all ports are considered untrusted.)
5. (A, B, D). A SPAN source port can be monitored by multiple SPAN sessions at once, they can be part of an Etherchannel, and FastEthernet ports can be SPAN source ports. (A port can't be a source and destination SPAN port, though.)
For dozens of other CCNP SWITCH practice exams, videos, and tutorials, just click that link - and join us Tuesday for another set of CCNP practice exams!
CCNP TSHOOT Practice Exam:
1. You're configuring you BGP AS to use route reflectors. Which of the following is true?
A. Every route reflector will reflect every route to every other router in the AS.
B. You only have to configure the route reflectors themselves.
C. You only have to configure the route reflector clients - not the reflectors themselves.
D. The routes to be reflected must be indicated with the route-reflector command.
2. You're troubleshooting an OSPF adjacency. Which of the following values do two routers have to agree upon before such an adjacency can form?
A. Hello timer
B. Dead timer
C. Stub flag setting (on / off)
D. area number
3. You have five routers on an OSPF broadcast network. How many of those routers will have a full adjacency to every other router on the network at all times?
B. One - the DR
C. One - the Querier
D. Two - the DR and BDR
E. Five - OSPF broadcast networks result in logical full mesh adjacencies
4. You're configuring an OSPF virtual link. An area number is required in the command - but what area number?
A. The transit area
B. Area 0
C. The area that does not have a physical connection to Area 0
D. The backbone area
5. Which of the following is likely to result in a failed OSPF virtual link configuration?
A. Using a stub area as the transit area
B. Using an area containing an OSPF broadcast network as the transit area
C. Using incorrect OSPF RID values
D. Configuring the BDR as the Virtual Link Querier (VLQ) instead of the DR
Answers right after this brief , important message!
And if you're serious about nailing the CCNP TSHOOT exam, it really is important!
The first hour of the CCNP TSHOOT course is free -- just click any of the first five lectures to start watching right now!
Now let's get to those answers!
1. (B). You only have to configure the route reflectors themselves when you use this feature - you don't have to configure the clients at all.
2. (A, B, C, D). For an OSPF adjacency to form, potential neighbors must agree on the hello timer, dead timers, stub flag setting, and area number.
3. (D). Watch this one, tshooters -- when you have more than two routers on an OSPF broadcast network, only the DR and BDR will form full adjacencies with all other routers on the segment (the DROTHERS).
4. (A). The area number specified in the virtual-link command must be the transit area.
5. (A, C). The transit area cannot be a stub area, and you have to get the RID right!
Thanks for making TBA part of your CCNP success story, and come back Tuesday for more practice exams!
You'll find plenty of additional videos, tutorials, and CCNP practice exams on these pages!