Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Here's your Network+ practice exam question (and a study tip or two!) for Tuesday, May 13!
Your only cost is to is share or Google +1 this post -- and to use the Amazon link in the middle of this post the next time you shop on Amazon. Let's get to it!
Today, we'll review our OSI model fundamentals. Identify the OSI layer at which each of the following devices or services run.
Give the full name AND number associated with the layer.
5. Crossover Cable
We'll hit the answers and a little extra discussion right after this favor I'm asking of you.
The next time you shop at Amazon, please use the following link to head out there. That way, we get a few cents for sending you there, and that money helps support our fund drive for the Central Virginia FoodBank, as well as keeping our Video Boot Camp and ebook prices as low as possible.
All of us here at The Bryant Advantage thank you for using this link or banner!
Chris Bryant's Amazon Link
And BTW, my new Network+ materials will be out this winter. If you're not already certified by then, check 'em out!
Now, to the answers....
1. Routing takes place at the Network layer (Layer 3) of the OSI model. Data is carried in packets at this layer.
2. Switching runs at the Data Link layer (Layer 2) of the OSI model. At Layer 2, data is carried in frames.
3. Repeaters run at Layer 1, the Physical layer. Repeaters are called that because they repeat an incoming electric signal in order to avoid attentuation. You don't see a lot of them in today's networks.
4. Bridges are Layer 2 devices.
5. Crossover cables are Layer 1 devices, as are all other cable types.
Thanks for taking today's Network+ practice exam, for using our Amazon link, and for making The Bryant Advantage part of your Network+ exam success.
See you Wednesday with a new discussion and practice exam question!
"The Computer Certification Bulldog"
- Hiya Bulldogs! Thanks to all of you for your mess...
- Hi everyone, I realize the blog posts and new You...
- Playing in the TBA workspace today.... (Preview c...
- Time for a CCNP SWITCH and TSHOOT practice ex...
- Hey Bulldogs! My apologies for being absent from ...
- Here's your Network+ practice exam question (and...
- CCNA / CCENT / CCNP In-Depth Lab: A Guide To The ...
- From all of us here at The Bryant Advantage -- tha...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2013 (274)
- ► 2012 (602)
- ► 2011 (149)
- ► 2010 (289)
- ► 2009 (386)
- ► 2008 (761)
- ► 2007 (742)