It's Friday,May 3, and time for a new set of CCNA and CCENT practice exam questions - along with three videos from my CCNA and CCENT Video Channel on YouTube!
Be sure to check out these other practice exams, and thanks for making TBA part of your day!
Let's get started!
1. Which of the following describes the behavior of a Cisco switch when the frame's destination classifies it as an "unknown unicast"?
2. Short answer: What's the destination MAC address of a broadcast frame?
3. A frame arrives on a Cisco switch port. Which of the following will be the first value of the frame examined by the switch?
A. destination MAC address
B. protocol type
C. source MAC address
D. source IP address
E. destination MAC address
F. port number
The answers right after this brief, important message!
... and if you don't earn your CCNA before September, no worry, because you'll have free access to my CCNA 200-120 Video Boot Camp videos!
You still have time to get into my CCNA Security Video Boot Camp for just $25, too!
And now... the answers!
1. (E). An "unknown unicast" is a frame that the switch knows is a unicast, but doesn't know which port to send the frame out in order to reach that destination MAC address.
Therefore, the switch will flood that frame - send a copy of it out every port EXCEPT the one it came in on.
2. FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF is the destination MAC address of a broadcast.
3. (C). The switch will look at the source MAC address before anything else - that's how the switch builds its MAC address table.
Thanks for tackling today's new CCNA practice exam - let's get to today's Videos Of The Day!
(For another day or so - my CCNA Security Video Boot Camp is just $25!)