Friday, June 15, 2007

Hi Gang!

I'm in Raleigh, North Carolina this weekend, just down the road from the Cisco Systems campus, as well as many other major networking and technology companies.

I'm actually here for non-technology reasons, but thanks to wireless access in hotels today, it would be just like I was at home, except for one thing:

The ISP for the hotel I'm staying in - I'll keep the name secret to protect the not-so-innocent - is quite possibly the worst ISP I've ever seen. They've apparently had a problem with allowing their clients access to any secure sites - which includes my email server - for the past EIGHTEEN HOURS and they have no idea when it's going to be back up.

They told me it was a firewall issue. No ETA on getting it fixed.

Now maybe I'm a tad unreasonable - but shouldn't a full day be enough to fix that? :)

I'm smiling now, but it's been quite a frustrating experience. Just wanted to share with the group, AND to tell you that I still don't have access to my secure email.

If you have emailed me today and haven't gotten an answer, please feel free to email me at ccie12933@hotmail.com and I'll get right back to you.

Nice to know that whatever else happens, we've always got Hotmail.

I will post the answers to Thursday's questions as well as a new set of CCNA and CCNP questions here on the blog tomorrow. Enjoy your Father's Day weekend, and I'll see you Saturday!

To your certification exam success,

Chris Bryant
CCIE #12933
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com/

No comments:

Blog Archive