Here are the answers to Thursday's Cisco certification exam practice questions!

CCNA:

Short answer: Take the maximum value of a binary octet and convert that into hexadecimal format.

Answer: The max value of a binary octet is 255. That gives us 15 units of 16 and 15 units of 1 - that's FF or ff in hexadecimal.


CCNP / BSCI:

What is RIP's default behavior regarding what update versions to send and receive?

A. Send v1 and v2, accept v2 only

B. Send v1 only, accept v1 only

C. Send v1 only, accept v1 and v2

D. Send v2 only, accept v2 only

E. None of the above

Answer: C. RIP's default behavior is to send version 1 updates, but to accept versions 1 and 2. Hardcoding the router with "version 1" or "version 2" forces the router to accept and send only that version.


CCNP / BCMSN:

RED and WRED are most effective under what conditions?

A. When the traffic is UDP-based

B. When the traffic is TCP-based

C. When the traffic is neither UDP- nor TCP-based

D. When the traffic is either UDP- or TCP-based

Answer: B. Actually, the only time they're effective is when the traffic is TCP-based!


More questions later today!

To your certification exam success,

Chris Bryant
CCIE #12933
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mr Bryant,
I've taken your advise and scheduled my CCNA exam for Feb 9, 9 am. I have a fair working knowledge of cisco routers from the Navy. I know I'm kind of getting ahead of myself, but once I earn my CCNA, can I go and tackle the CCIE or do I have to go the CCSP route first?
Hi Glenn,

The CCIE has no requirements regarding other certifications, but I do recommend you earn the intermediate certification - CCNP, CCSP, etc. - before going after any particualar IE.

To your success,

Chris Bryant
CCIE #12933
http://www.thebryantadvantage.com

Popular posts from this blog